Friday, December 7, 2018

psalm 30, "At dusk weeping comes for the night; but at dawn there is rejoicing.", city of God

A psalm. A song for the dedication of the Temple. Of David.

I

I praise you, LORD, for you raised me up
and did not let my enemies rejoice over me.

O LORD, my God,
I cried out to you for help and you healed me.

LORD, you brought my soul up from Sheol;
you let me live, from going down to the pit.

II

Sing praise to the LORD, you faithful;
give thanks to his holy memory.

For his anger lasts but a moment;
his favor a lifetime.

At dusk weeping comes for the night;
but at dawn there is rejoicing.

III

Complacent, I once said,
“I shall never be shaken.”

LORD, you showed me favor,
established for me mountains of virtue.

But when you hid your face
I was struck with terror.

To you, LORD, I cried out;
with the Lord I pleaded for mercy:


“What gain is there from my lifeblood,
from my going down to the grave?

Does dust give you thanks
or declare your faithfulness?

Hear, O LORD, have mercy on me;
LORD, be my helper.”

IV

You changed my mourning into dancing;


you took off my sackcloth
and clothed me with gladness.

So that my glory may praise you
and not be silent.

O LORD, my God,
forever will I give you thanks.

psalm 30


City of God Hymn


Awake from your slumber! Arise from your sleep!
A new day is dawning for all those who weep.
The people in darkness have seen a great light.
The Lord of our longing has conquered the night.

Refrain: Let us build the city of God.
May our tears be turned into dancing.
For the Lord our light and our love has turned the night into day.

We are sons of the morning; we are daughters of day.
The One who has loved us has brightened our way.
The Lord of all kindness has called us to be
a light for all people to set their hearts free.

God is light; in God there is no darkness.
Let us walk in the light. God's children one and all.
O comfort my people make gentle your words,
proclaim to my city the day of her birth.

O city of gladness now lift up your voice,
proclaim the good tidings that all may rejoice.












           faith 
                      hope 
                                  love 





No comments:

Post a Comment