Saturday, January 5, 2019

how are cradle catholics dealing (or not) with their disgraced church?

this is a question with as many answers as there are cradle catholics. 
  • some no longer call themselves catholics.
  • some are "on the fence".
  • many (probably most) are feeling angry, sad, betrayed.

here's a sampling:

The Catholic Voice - an online publication of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Oakland

CAN A CHURCH BETRAYED BECOME A CHURCH REDEEMED? – PAX CHRISTI USA 

for me personally, 
  • I feel betrayed, sad and angry. 
  • I'm "on the fence".
  • it's hard to walk away from your church for 70+ years.
  • in the 4th quarter of my life, I see myself as a christian--not so much as a catholic.
  • it's back to basics: 
    • bible
    • prayer
    • God's supremacy and sovereignty
    • man's sinfulness and wickedness
    • God's love and mercy for those who love God and who are sorry for their sins

image by Church Iglesia







           faith 
                      hope 
                                  love 




No comments:

Post a Comment