Friday, June 22, 2018

perseverance

Consider it all joy, my brothers, when you encounter various trials, for you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. And let perseverance be perfect, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing. But if any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God who gives to all generously and ungrudgingly, and he will be given it. But he should ask in faith, not doubting, for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed about by the wind. For that person must not suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord, since he is a man of two minds, unstable in all his ways.

The brother in lowly circumstances should take pride in his high standing, and the rich one in his lowliness, for he will pass away “like the flower of the field.” For the sun comes up with its scorching heat and dries up the grass, its flower droops, and the beauty of its appearance vanishes. So will the rich person fade away in the midst of his pursuits.
 

James 1: 2-11 


Father, we bless and thank You for a brand new day and for the fresh opportunities and challenges that this day will bring. Thank You that Your mercies are new every morning and I pray that I will walk worthy of You today and be a faithful witness in thought, word and deed demonstrating a Christ-like attitude to all with whom I come in contact.

Keep me ever-focussed on You Lord and keep my heart steadfastly trusting You for all my needs and necessities. Help me not to function in my own strength, but in the power of the Holy Spirit. May I stand firm in the truth of the gospel of grace and remain steadfastly looking to Jesus - trusting in Him to supply His sufficient strength for all occasions. Teach me all that You would have me to learn today and give me the courage and strength to press on toward the goal for the upward call in Christ Jesus so that I may win the heavenly prize, which God, in Christ, is calling me to do – in Jesus' name I pray,

Amen
Prayers for Perseverance



         faith 
                      hope 
                                    love



No comments:

Post a Comment