Monday, August 19, 2024

true confession

I believe in God--Father, Son Jesus and the Holy Spirit. I believe that God is the Creator of all things--including us. Only God can create something from nothing.

Sometimes I wonder why God made human beings. Human beings spoil God's creation with sin. 

Jesus said if your hand, foot or eye cause you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. Whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a great millstone hung around his neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea. Matthew 18: 6-8, Matthew 5: 27-30, Mark 9: 43-48 

The old testament includes several passages that say that it would be better to have never been born than to sin. Ecclesiastes 4: 2-3, Job 3: 16 and 10:19, Jeremiah 15: 10 

When I look at the world around me I see a cesspool of sin. I'm part of that cesspool. Would have it been better if I had never been born?



attribution: chuck palahniuk and flickr



No comments:

Post a Comment