Sunday, September 22, 2019

when I die

when I die I will be judged.
there will be only truth.
no lies. no deception.
nothing but the truth.

not like "truth" on earth.
not like human "truth".
not like the "truth" of "know-it-all"s.
not like the "truth" of those who presume to speak for God.

I am guilty.
I know the truth.
I know that I am a sinner.

I know my sins,
what I have done,
and what I have failed to do.
they are of my own free will.
I am guilty.

I prostrate myself before God.
a guilty sinner.
I know what I deserve.

only through His blood,
the spotless lamb of God,
will I be saved from the just punishment that I deserve.
only because of His incomprehensible love.

image from Internet Archive Book Images










           faith 
                      hope 
                                  love






No comments:

Post a Comment