Monday, April 15, 2019

i believe


  • that i exist. 
  • that i live in a universe that is immense--that, when the small planet that I live on is compared with the size of the universe, earth is just a speck.  
  • that the universe was created--because something doesn't come from nothing. 
  • that all matter and energy that existed in the beginning of the universe exists now (no more, no less) and will exist until the end of the universe (no more, no less). 
  • that every human being is made up of two distinct parts--body and soul. 
  • I know that my body is finite--that I had a beginning (conception) and my earthly body will cease to exist when i die. 
  • that my existence isn't an accident.
  • that there is both good and evil in the universe and in me.
  • that, if i allow it, much can get in between me and God--others, religion, money, myself (greed, pride, hate, etc.), etc. 
  • that my soul will exist beyond my body--at least until I learn the purpose that God has in my existence. 
  • that if my first grade catechism (Baltimore Catechism Part I) is correct, that "God made me to know Him, to love Him, and to serve Him in this world, and to be happy with Him for ever in heaven."



NASA, ESA, H. Teplitz and M. Rafelski (IPAC/Caltech), A. Koekemoer (STScI), R. Windhorst (Arizona State University), and Z. Levay (STScI) [Public domain]










           faith 
                      hope 
                                  love





No comments:

Post a Comment